Baked duck in the oven is a traditional dish, which is present not only in USA, European, but also in Asian cuisine. In most cases, it is cooked for the holidays and eaten by a large company.
Baking a bird is quite difficult, since you need to monitor not only the meat, but also the added filling. To make the dish perfect, you need to be able to cook the whole duck in the oven, and not make it dry.
There are many good ways to cook duck in the oven. At home, you can cook a large number of different dishes from this delicious bird.
Duck with potatoes
This method of cooking poultry is one of the most popular. You can cook not only the duckling in the oven, but also a full meal for a family dinner. As the filling, you can use any available vegetables or fruits, as well as rice. The most delicious and nutritious combination is obtained by adding potatoes.
How to cook duck in the oven
- 1 bird;
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise;
- 2 teaspoon of honey;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- 20 g of mustard;
- 1 head of garlic;
- ground black pepper, coriander seeds, coarse salt.
- The amount of potato added depends on the size of the duck. If it weighs more than 2 kg, then at least 1 kg of root crop will be required, and if less, then 500g will be enough.
Step by step recipe:
- The carcass is thoroughly washed with cold water and set aside for 20 minutes. This time will be enough so that there is an excess of liquid in the glass.
- During this time, they take a small bowl and prepare a marinade in it. Mustard, mayonnaise and honey are mixed for him.
- The dried duck is rubbed on all sides with a mixture of salt and black pepper.
- Garlic is divided into separate teeth and half of them are peeled.
- Then they are rubbed on a fine grater or passed through a special press.
- Grate chopped vegetables with duck.
- Then the bird is greased with the cooked marinade and left in this form for 30 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into large pieces. They are placed in a pre-heated pan and fried in vegetable oil until a golden crust is formed.
- The finished root crop is transferred to a plate, where it is mixed with salt, spices and finely chopped garlic.This is minced meat stuffed with pickled bird. The hole is sutured with a thick thread and the carcass is placed in a baking dish.
- 150 ml of water is poured there, which will prevent the duck from burning and allow it to bake more evenly.
- The dish is placed in a preheated oven to 200 degrees and left there for at least 2 hours.
- Every 20 minutes they open the door and water the bird with released fat.
- The prepared stuffed carcass is transferred to a beautiful dish, decorated with fresh herbs and served to the table. If necessary, the duck can be immediately divided into portions.